Jo R.
North House
Topic: PTSD
Essential Question: What is the most effective way to treat PTSD?

Monday, September 19, 2011

Blog #3

Objective: To enlighten the students in the difference between trauma and depression symptoms. I will also differentiate between depression and sadness. I feel that as a nation we have become much more aware of depression symptoms, but neglect the fact that trauma happens to more than just war veterans.

1) I will begin the presentation by asking the class about depression symptoms, and giving them 30 seconds to tell me everything they know. I will write down the answers on a poster board labeled "Depression".

2) Give the class an other 30 seconds to give me trauma symptoms they know about. Again, I will write the answers down, but this time on a poster board labeled "Trauma".

3) I will give a minute long explanation on the difference between the two.

4) I will check for understanding by giving them 2 minutes to read three scenarios, and making them tell me which one is depression, trauma, and just being sad.

Resources/Materials:

  • 2 poster boards
  • A marker
  • A cooperative class
  • A timer

1 comment:

  1. I like how you included a cooperative class as part of your materials : )

    Interesting idea for your lesson plan. Make sure that you speak for at least two minutes. I do like the student involvement angle, though.

    ReplyDelete