Jo R.
North House
Topic: PTSD
Essential Question: What is the most effective way to treat PTSD?

Friday, February 10, 2012

Independent Component 1

Here is my log, and click  to see my notes.

Literal
I, Jo Ruiz, affirm that I will complete 30 hours of work by March 20. I am aware that this is past the due date, but it's the best I can do at the moment.
Though I have yet to complete my independent component one, I have gotten relatively far in my research. I read Why Gender Matters by Leonard Sax, The PTSD Breakthrough by Dr. Frank Lawlis, and I am starting The Source of All Things by Tracy Ross. I have also attempted to create a diet plan that fits Dr. Lawlis's recommendations without the use of supplements, but have come to discover this might not be possible.

Interpretive
Though it may not seem like much, reading these books takes much more time then I had anticipated. Because these are library books, taking extensive notes is essential. It would be impossible to memorize all the fact and numbers, so I felt like I had to write everything down. This of course, made for notes that have too much. I figured it be better to write down too much than too little. The work I had been attempting to do with the diet plan seemed like a great way to show what I learned, but I have been unsuccessful due to bias what were supposed to be nutritional websites written by enthusiast. (My favorite was one that said American diets damage auroras.) I have learned quite a bit, though. I found myself understanding why PTSD has to be treated in so many different ways, as well as possible proof that cognitive-behavioral therapy works. However, I would like to take a look at the studies that Dr. Lewlis used as evidence before introducing other people to his methods.

Applied
This research has helped me look at my question with a different idea of the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment