Jo R.
North House
Topic: PTSD
Essential Question: What is the most effective way to treat PTSD?

Friday, April 20, 2012

Independent Component 1

I, Jo, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.
I completed thirty hours worth of research on PTSD. This means treatments, stories, the military's effort to combat it, and traumatic narratives.

My independent component allowed me to take a deeper look into the mind of a person with PTSD with both sympathy and scrutiny. The various sources I collected during this time helped me acquire a wider range of perspectives and approaches. I have learned how to be sympathetic and still be able to search for key words that demonstrate the presence of a symptom. I had to make sure I was taking the most thorough notes possible because my sources were mostly library materials.

The vast amount of research I studied help me get a better grasp of symptoms and treatments for PTSD. This research changed my perspective of the disorder so far as to convince me that pharmaceutical approaches were necessary. Before taking a deeper look into PTSD, I truly believed that it should be up to the person. With the survival stories I have encountered throughout my research I now know the importance of approaching the disorder with every resource available.

No comments:

Post a Comment