Jo R.
North House
Topic: PTSD
Essential Question: What is the most effective way to treat PTSD?

Monday, May 14, 2012

Service Learning

Literal ·
This is my Log
Mrs. Ortega was my supervisor.
I was in charge of making PowerPoints and presenting them along with Griselda S. We also created a video with the help of Liam R. and the juniors, Priscilla W. and Dominic Z.
Interpretive
The most important thing I gained from this experience was the ability to problem solve by being able to separate myself from a situation. By being able to see how the problem looks through an observers point-of-view it is easier to break it down and find what is working and what simply needs to change. I also found that the knowledge I accumulated from it allowed me to understand the importance of cognitive-behavioral therapy.
Applied
Because this service learning allowed me to expand my knowledge of problem solving and peer mediation, I was.able to use that knowledge to find something that could work best, even with the variety of people that we're talking about.
Mrs. Ortega was my supervisor.

No comments:

Post a Comment